Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Grace's Quilt

**To order your own custom baby clothes quilt - please go to my facebook page for pricing and info**


This quilt is made up of the clothing worn in the first couple years of Grace's life.  Her mom Melanie and I went to school together and we sang in Show Choir together.   
This is the 2nd quilt made of baby clothes I have ever made. The FIRST one, (Brady's Baby Quilt) was made entirely of BOYS clothing and blankets.  The boys clothing was a bit easier, since it didn't have as many small parts ;c) I wanted to conserve as many as the little logos and embellishments from these clothes as I could. This meant that I had to take the seam ripper and remove stuff, and then REapply it on the block before sewing it into the quilt.  
I still enjoyed every minute of this quilt!!  T-shirt quilts are my favorite because they are like a puzzle.  So when I get a chance to make these quilts out of baby clothes, the puzzle pieces are SMALLER, and more challenging/FUN.

 This is sort my screwed-up process of making a quilt.  First, I lay all of the pieces down, folded, as they would appear in the quilt.  Then I go in with a ruler and graph them out on graph paper and label each block.
 this is all the pieces, fused and cut, and the graph paper. . ready for the machine!!!
 finished TOP!
 Pretty zig-zag backing!
 awww, little quilt bundle of happiness!!!  
 Finished quilt - on a sunny, albeit very muddy, cold day ;c) 


6 comments:

  1. That's adorable! What brand do you prefer for your fusable? Thanks for showing how you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt! Just wanted to pop by and thank you for uploading the video of your free motion on youtube on your juki... It has inspired me and this morning I bought the Juki 8100e... (I've been thinking about it for awhile) Just wondered if you would mind sharing what darning foot you bought.. I saw your note about the screw.. So I'll keep that in mind. Any other top tips? Many thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely keepsake. It looks great
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this in the process of making something similar for all three kiddos!! Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the creative process look so seamless and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete