Finally got this quilt finished! The center of this quilt was a mystery pattern by Ann M Smith from fabricaholicsanonymous yahoo group. This was a booger to get together. The corner triangles, I now know, are NOT my cup of tea. ;c) You have to be very precise with your cutting and piecing. And although I consider myself very precise, I might have tried to take a few shortcuts with this quilt that did NOT work out in my favor ;c)
Now, ALL of the fabric used for the center of this quilt is from 2.5" swaps from quiltvilleswap yahoo group. The background fabrics were from a light neutral swap and the colored fabrics were from a Civil War reproduction swap. I LOVED having all the yummy fabrics and variety for this quilt! Thank you so much swappers!!!!!
I think I chose the 2nd to largest size option, and the strips I had on hand were perfect for this size quilt.
I also had some beautiful burgundy fabric leftover from another quilt and used that for the borders. The backing was an Xtra wide brown fabric I purchased from Joanns during their after-Thanksgiving sale.
I quilted the center of this quilt all using my new Juki longarm machine. The tension is allll out of whack on the back of it, but luckily, I used matching color thread. For the borders I used my old trusty Janome machine and the tension was spot on. It allowed me to get a wee bit more fancy with the quilting so I did a undulating feather design. (i think thats what that is called.)
So this last few days I have been sick as a dog. . . but somehow I pushed through and finished this quilt. So any mistakes I made were on my OWN quilt, not a customers LOL
Photo of me working on the feathers - here I have HALF a feather done.
Next I'm working on a beach-themed Mother's Day Quilt. It will be similar to the Pink and Grey Baby quilt but made using aqua and sand colors.