Google Analytics

Friday, April 27, 2012

Choosing a Quilting Design with help from the Stencil Company!!

I went to the Quilt show in Cincinnati and one of the booths I stopped at was "The Stencil Company."  I have always wanted one of these pre-printed wholecloth kits.

 They gave me a free brochure that included all of their stencil design options.
So check out this amazing idea!!!    I started quilting that last (pink and grey) baby quilt and could not decide on the border quilting design!  The Stencil Co brochure was laying there and I opened it up and started looking.   Typically when I am searching for a quilt design I will go to the amazing Google for help.   But here they all are PRINTED perfectly just for me!!!   It's PERRRRFECT I tell you!!!   
They have all of their designs seperated by block-type, continuous-line types.  

 The border designs are toward the back of the brochure.  Here you can also find your sashing options.
I practiced a few sashing options in the blank areas .  LOL.   


So, I want to give a BIG SHOUT out and THANK YOU to The Stencil Company for all of your help when I get "quilter's block"  ;c)  
I definitely want to look into their giant dahlia stencils.   This is for sure on my TODO list.  AND I want to get one of their bed-sized pre-printed whole cloth patterns.   
The small one that I purchased I have trapunto in mind.   I might skip one of the crosshatch options and do some more flow-y design instead.  But it's perfect for trapunto because I hate tracing it on the fabric first.  I don't trust quilt markers!!!
And here is the new thread I bought at the quilt festival to quilt this little wholecloth wallhanging.  4 different variegated threads to choose from!!  can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment