Google Analytics

Monday, June 15, 2015

Lauren's Graduation Quilt


This Quilt was inspired by a photo online of hexagons made from triangles but the fabrics were solids.   My friend Ang wanted to use FUN bright prints for the triangles for her quilt.   Also we personalized the quilt with the recipients NAME and graduation date ;c)

 A couple in-progress photos -   closeup of the fabrics that make up the hexagons, and the quilting as it was just in the beginning stages.

 Ang chose to use the PINK fabric for the text , and since it didn't show up as much as I expected, I outlined with a darker thread color = purple.     Now it really pops!




I did the quilting with my regular piecing foot on my Juki DDL 8700 - We decided to do a simple straight-line quilting design in parallel lines all-over.     This design is still quite time-consuming. . but simple none the less.   
 my sweet little "helper" 

 the back 

my new label 

1 comment: