Google Analytics

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My First Quilt

Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville is hosting a Show-And Tell with theme "My First Quilt." FUN!




This is my very first quilt I ever made. Before I started quilting, I was only a dyer. I started dyeing tee-shirts and then moved to old cotton sheets and then to cotton yardage. I had ALL this fabric leftover from dyeing which prompted me to try my hand at quilting.

It was ALL over from there!!!

The center of this quilt was made with 4 different shades of fuchsia tie-dyed fabric in a rail fence pattern. There is a small tan border around that, then, i cut squares from different shades of blue tie-dyed fabric and use that for the outer border. I think I quilted this extremely minimally. Maybe just a sparse in-the-ditch.

My room was messy when I took this photo. If I had known the significance of my FIRST EVER QUILT PHOTO back then, I probably would have tried a little harder to take a nice photo!!
That's my baby boy Louie the Dachshund on the bed. He is such a hamdog! ;c)

So head on over to QUILTVILLE and join in the show-and-tell!! I'm sure there will be some fun photos to come!


11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I so love the colors!!! Cute puppy too! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! My own first quilt (1980, my baby #6 was a few months old) went into a school silent auction; didn't even think to take a photo back then. It went to Texas (from Oregon) to the buyer's first grandchild. I understand it survived long enough to be on that grandchild's first child's bed, but I imagine it might be in quilt heaven by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great Quilt!! The colors are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt and love Louie too. He looks so proud being allowed up on the bed! Yes I think we all didn't realise how quilting would take over our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics and a great first quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what gorgeous colors! and louie is just as gorgeous... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you dyed the fabrics for this quilt. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tie-dye look on your quilt. That's a great first quilt story! I'm a new follower. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fabulous first quilt and Louie looks right at home on it, too. You have a great first quilt story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's an awesome first quilt! You really did a lot of pretty dying that gives your quilt a lot of eye movement. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a creative mind. That's a beautiful quilt! Have you thought of selling your quilt online to reach global market? Try it here: http://www.tripleclicks.com/12133487/ECA . It's free!

    ReplyDelete