Google Analytics

Sunday, November 18, 2012

New Crown Royal Quilt



  Sorry I haven't been updating my blog very much, but if you want to get the latest photos, and updates on my current projects - be sure to "LIKE" my facebook page!!

So here they are:  My latest Crown Royal Quilts are complete! 
This is the "block" - and because these blocks are so BIG, these quilts are not as versatile as the old crown royal quilt pattern.  https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/patterns/royal-star-/194359 These are only available in Twin-size or bigger.  
Here are the "special" crown royal quilt bags /logos that were used in this quilt.  I used these special colors and textures for the cornerstones, so that the main blocks would stay consistent. 

 Here is the center quilt pre-borders
 For the border star blocks, the lights and darks were reversed.   I've made SOOO many of them the opposite way, I screwed up a gazillion times and had to do ALOT of seam-ripping/unpicking ;c)
For the borders stars I used the gold/leather crown royal quilt.  and purple background.
 Here are the two finished tops!
 I used the leftover bag material from the BACK and SIDES of the crown royal bags for the sashing.   For all the other purple areas I used a mottled purple quilting fabric.

 Here are the two quilt tops on the wall, without flash ;c)  My camera seems to have trouble capturing the color purple.
 Here is me quilting the quilt with my big-guy machine ;c)  Yes, I think the name of my sewing machine is "big guy" . .  I never claimed to be creative.  LOL
 For the backing I used a purple minky fleece.    When I ordered it from fabric.com, I thought it was just as dark as the purple quilting fabric and the crown royal bags.   But when it showed up in the mail it was a bit lighter.   Like a lavender or something.
 Here are the 3 quilts finished!   I used gold binding on one, and purple binding on the other.
 Here's a shot of the backing. . it's the same on both quilts.


5 comments:

  1. Quilts look great. I can't wait to share the pictures with a friend whose husband has a box full of Crown bags that he wants in a quilt.
    I didn't have a clue but now I can come up with some ideas now that I've seen yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Royal Crown quilt! Do you sell your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.etsy.com/listing/168133712/pdf-royal-star-quilt-pattern-booklet?

      Delete
  3. can you tell me how big your squares are and how many it would take to make a queen please and you do beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, I now have instructions to make a crown royal quilt (not this version) available for download on my etsy site.
    http://katiesquiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-quilt-designs-downloadable-pdfs-for.html

    ReplyDelete