Google Analytics

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Grey Study








I'm playing with different shades of grey together with Brights I obtained from a recent Brights 2.5" strip swap. My goal was to complete 3 similar quilts all using the brights but each having different greys. As usual, I grossly underestimate the time it takes to finish a quilt. Borders add a whole day and if you want to do any type of decent quilting you have to add a good 10 hours to that as well. Also piecing the backing adds a lot of time.. I like the look of pieced backing as well as the utilitarian aspect of it. I realized around Wednesday I would'nt be able to complete 3 even if I never slept - but thought two could be do-able without borders.








My goal now is to complete the 3 by next weekend - I want them all hanging together at the flea market when I go -




Grey Study #1 - Blue/Greys: Sandwiched, basted and half-quilted.




Grey Study #2 - Black and White: Top and Back pieced whole




Grey Study $3 - Grey Greys: Strips cut only



This shows part of the front of the quilt that's quilted - I did some sitppling and some other random stuff in the grey parts of the quilt - that's what I had in mind when I was piecing this together - Now It looks like I'm going to have to go back and at least do a little quilting in the colored section too, it's not pufffing up evenly. It's still fun nonetheless!




What the back looks like so far..

No comments:

Post a Comment