Things I learned from this project:
#1 - Don't expect to finish a quilt of this size in a week. (Although it only took me a little over a week with no sleep)
#2 - King size T-quilts take not 1, not 2, but THREE packages of fusible. That's 30 yards.
#3 - Dont even think about trying to take a photo without at least 2 other people helping you ;c)
#4 - You're going to need more than just a queen sized bed surface to lay out your shirts and graph them!
Here are all the shirts, ready to be cut, fused, and sewn!
A closer look:
Some notable things about this quilt/project:This quilt was for a teacher who was retiring. All the fellow teachers got together, signed the shirts, and had them made into a quilt. This "SISTERS" block was made because they refer to each other as "sisters." I took some sparkly cream fabric, and using raw-edge fusible applique, stitched the letters on top. The letters were made using one of the shirt scraps. I like how much depth the T-shirt material gives to applique.
On this quilt, I chose to hurry up and graph it. Another thing is, I actually LIKE the way the set-in seams look. It makes the finished quilt look more like a puzzle and less "block"-y.
So that's it!!! My biggest quilt to date is my Carolina Christmas which is 90" x 90" This quilt is 85" x 95" So I would say it's a tie!
It wasn't difficult to quilt thanks to my Juki Industrial machine, but unfortunately couldn't do anything really "fancy" with the quilting because of the size. This quilt is so sentimental, and has enough differences in color and pattern, it really doesn't need a whole lot "extra" anyway.